Sunday, February 23, 2014

First two weeks

Class officially started last February 16, 2014. So it's official, I'm a student again! To be more precise, I'm officially a culinarian! It is true what they say about doing stuff you love, that time flies. Sure there are times when the subjects get boring and dragging, but 80% of the time it's engrossing and I just can't get enough.

It's all lecture and theory at this time (apparently we won't be going into the kitchen for the first month) but I guess that's a lot better than just throwing a bunch of inexperienced cooks into the kitchen without first knowing WHY they're doing it in the first place. I mean, knowing how to do stuff is fine and all, technique is always great, but knowing the reason makes it possible for the cook or chef to apply it to other dishes.

That's all for now! Can't wait till the next class, which is going to be the dreaded HACCP.

No comments:

Post a Comment