Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Starting the Journey

Well, this is the first post of this blog (hopefully not the last! hahaha). I've been blogging on and off for a while now and hopefully this one sticks. Now a quick background, I have -zero- formal training with cooking, so this foray into the world of culinary arts is a first. Altough I love to cook, everything so far has been done by ear and from sniping recipes and techniques online.

Now, my brother told me that it would be a lot cheaper if I just learned stuff online, but to my mind, nothing still beats the actual experience of holding a knife, slicing your ingredients and cooking the food yourself. Don't get me wrong though, there are excellent resources online for learning almost anything but for me, hands on is still the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment